AUTOMOTIVE PART MANUFACTURING FACILITY
Auto parts Manufacturing plant initiates roof replacement program to help restore their aging facility.
After years of expansion and growth with new additions and equipment, a large auto parts manufacturer knew it was time to look after its original plant building. A roof replacement program, which properly addresses and prioritizes leaks and aging roof system, provided the Client with the assurance it was needing. The roof replacement program ensures that a proper and comprehensive plan is put in place to address critical roof deficiencies first, and in a manner that can be properly budgeted for.
- Provide a safe and dry work environment.
- Limit damage occurring to existing steel deck.
- Provide goals and game plan to remediate the failing roofs of the large facility.
IMPLEMENTING A PROPER PLAN AND EXECUTIING
With many aging roofs over the original plant footprint, the client was un sure of how best to tackle the seemingly insurmountable problem facing them. With minimal knowledge of flat roofing, the client turned to Tektum for assistance. Meeting with the client several times allowed us to communicate the proper approach needed for these aging roofs.
- Assess existing roofs.
- Determine the extent of water infiltration through thermographic infrared scans.
- Strategically plan with the client critical areas within their plant.
- Develop a projected 5-year roof replacement program.
- Execute and initiate the plan through proper design and bidding processes.
- Update the plan as required.
We did our homework first in understanding this client and their needs. By communicating thoroughly we were able to provide them with a customized approach to solving their roofing concerns.
October 2020 – January 2021
Industrial / Manufacturing
Tektum Consulting Group Inc.
Conventional (1-No. 15# felt + 4-ply Type IV glass felt) Built-up Asphalt and Gravel Roof System.