SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION COMPANY ROOF REPLACEMENT
National Outdoor Distribution Firm looks to replace a poorly executed retro-fit roof assembly.
Following years of roof leaks throughout their main office and warehouse areas, a large National Distribution Company needed a solution for the deficient roof assembly. Previous attempts to repair and retrofit the original roof system had left the Client with more roof leaks than it had started with. With water leaking on electrical equipment and finished product the time to take action was clear.
- Provide a safe and dry work environment.
- Limit damage occurring to existing steel deck.
- Re-work to existing details left in a failed state.
HIGH PERFORMANCE ROOF SYSTEM
The ability to keep functional a critical section of the Client’s facility, approximately 25,000 sq. ft., was increasingly becoming difficult. Ongoing roof leaks was not only causing finished product to be damaged due to water infiltration but was growing into a significant health and safety concern. Roof leaks over the electrical panels and areas of corroded steel deck were clear indications that remedial roof repairs were no longer an option. A permanent remedy was needed. The Distribution Company needed to ensure their operations could continue in a safe manner for all employees.
With the employment of proper destructive testing and assessment tools. Tektum developed a comprehensive design and project parameters to ensure this could be carried out. The existing two roof systems were removed down to the steel deck and a new conventional built-up asphalt and gravel roof assembly was put in place. Additionally, the following items were utilized to ensure a professional project was completed and the Client’s needs accommodated:
- Additional roof drains installed to help alleviate ponding water.
- Tapered insulation backslopes.
- Rebuilding of all existing parapet and expansion joint details.
- Re-work to the existing electrical lines servicing roof top equipment.
- Full interior tarping put in place to ensure the Client’s staff and product was protected throughout the roof replacement process.
December 2020 – March 2021
Commercial / Distribution Services
Tektum Consulting Group Inc.
Conventional (1-No. 15# felt + 4-ply Type IV glass felt) Built-up Asphalt and Gravel Roof System.