Multi Tenant Commercial Retail Plaza
Property Management firm avoids continuous costly repairs by carrying out Roof Replacement project.
With ongoing leaks occurring due to an aged and deteriorated roof system, a GTA-based Property Management firm took decisive action to carry out a full re-roofing project in a 2-stage approach to avoid further disruption to the facility.
- Identification of roof repair or replacement options.
- Phase roof replacement project.
- Re-work of previous design construction deficiencies.
HIGH PERFORMANCE ROOF SYSTEM
The Commercial Plaza located in the Ancaster, ON area had been dealing with on going leaks for a number of years. Repair attempts to the existing roof carried out by the Property Management firm were unsuccessful due to the advanced deterioration of the original roof system in place. Unsure on what their options were, they turned to Tektum for assistance. The following process was developed to understand the paths forward:
- Thorough review of the historical leak history.
- Visual condition assessment and on-site inspection of the existing conditions.
- Destructive testing for further understanding of the existing construction.
- Thorough written technical report of all findings and preliminary design options for roof remediation.
- In person review and presentation of the options to the Property Owner and Managers.
- Development of Design and Bid documents outlining best reroofing option.
- Execution and oversight of the Bidding and Tender Phase with qualified contractors.
- Overall project oversight and services including contract management, payment certification, and Quality Assurance Inspections.
By taking a step back and carrying out the proper assessment and inspection services; a proper and proficient plan was developed to ensure the Commercial plaza received the roofing work that was required. Due to the tight site conditions the project was proposed and carried out in a two-phase approach. This minimized overall disruption to the Client and their tenants, but ensured continuity in the reroofing application – utilizing a single contractor.
Phase 1: November 2019 – February 2020
Phase 2: April 2020 – June 2020
Commercial / Retail
Tektum Consulting Group Inc.
Hybrid (2-ply modified bituminous base sheet) Built-up Asphalt and Gravel Roof System