With the employment of proper destructive testing and assessment tools, Tektum developed a comprehensive design and project parameters to ensure a permanent solution. The existing two roof systems were removed down to the steel deck and a new conventional built-up asphalt and gravel roof assembly was put in place.
Additionally, the following items ensured a professional project was completed and the Client’s needs accommodated:
- Additional roof drains installed to help alleviate ponding water.
- Tapered insulation backslopes.
- Rebuilding of all existing parapet and expansion joint details.
- Re-work to the existing electrical lines servicing roof top equipment.
- Full interior tarping was in place to safeguard the Client’s staff and product throughout
the roof replacement process.